Tuesday, October 23, 2012

"Insure" a Stress Free Life

I don’t know about you, but I am a bit of a worrier, and not just about the big stuff. I tend to worry about EVERYTHING. Don’t believe me? I had nightmares about trying to decide what to blog about today. Yeah, that bad. I am getting better at relaxing a little and letting life take its course, but I guess I still can’t control my dreams!
            So, what better to blog about then stress? Stress is a part of everyone’s life, maybe some more than others. I’m starting to believe it’s only as prevalent as you allow it to be. It has taken me 21 years (okay, maybe not that long) to gain the ability to manage it, but I can definitely say I have far from perfected the art.  I believe it is important to have some faith, just know God won’t give you something He doesn’t think you can't handle. It is also important to have someone to talk to when you are stressing. For me, it is my mom, but no matter who it is, sometimes you just need to be able to air everything out.
            I’m sure it is probably pretty hard to take a college student seriously when it comes to a life lesson, but I’d say I have become pretty knowledgeable about this subject. Faith and family are the two most important things I use for managing my worry problem, in a way, they are my insurance. Isn’t that the idea of insurance: manage risk to help alleviate worry and stress about the future?
Have a great day everyone. Enjoy the little things and love your family to “insure” a great life!
Jenny, Intern


A saying my mother sends to me when I am stressed to the point of pulling my hair out.

No comments:

Post a Comment