Tuesday, November 13, 2012

All About Blogging

Well, another blog day has come, another day to try and decide what to write about without putting everyone to sleep. Should I discuss insurance? Nah, I’ll leave that to the experts. What about Thanksgiving? Nope, still too soon, I’ll do that next week (spoiler alert!). I could discuss what’s going on in my school life? That’s not overly exciting though, school is school and finance is finance. I’ve got it! This blog will be dedicated to the process I take when deciding what to blog about!
As you can tell, it’s quite an ordeal sometimes. It’s all about finding that perfect topic. Something you have the knowledge to talk about and something that people will enjoy reading. So far I have discussed stress, I would say I am an expert on that (although only a self-proclaimed expert). Then there was seizing opportunities. I’d say I have some knowledge there, but it is definitely something I would also like to work on more. Last but not least was the election, and I’d say we have all heard enough about that for a while.
Before starting my internship at Nixon, the thought of writing my own blog never even crossed my mind, but I would say it has definitely been an enriching experience. It takes a lot of time and brainstorming sometimes, but that’s the neat part. For me it is like a challenge, and who doesn’t love one of those? Although at times I may dread it, requiring employees to keep a weekly blog is a great way to make sure they are constantly thinking.
 Now, for all of you future Nixon interns who will be writing blogs, just do what I do. It’s a simple process really: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. Just kidding. Writing a blog is a great way to challenge yourself to find things that interest you and share them with others.
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment