Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Being Thankful.

I’ll be the first to admit that I often lose sight of what’s important in life. I catch myself thinking about something I “need”, picturing how happy I would be if I had that new pair of boots or the most current iPhone. Then I remember how almost every time I get that “must-have,” the excitement wears off in about a day and it’s on to the next thing.  Regrettably, it seems to be an endless cycle.
That is why Thanksgiving is such a great time of year. There is no emphasis on gifts, or the next toy we can add to our collection. It is a holiday devoted entirely to being thankful for what we already have: family, friends, freedom, food on the table, you name it. I don’t know about you, but sometimes when I’m feeling down about something pointless, I need a reminder of what matters, and Thanksgiving is perfect for this.
With the holiday just around the corner, there is no better time to be generous to those in need and thankful for what we have.  Let’s enjoy the time with our loved ones, and if you don’t already, try to live everyday like it’s the thankful season. That’s my goal anyway!
Have a wonderful Turkey day! J
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment