Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day is here.

Well, today's the day. It’s already been four years  since the American people decided to send Barack Obama to the White House. This first Tuesday of November is particularly important to me because it is the first time I am able to cast my vote in a presidential election. Whether you are physically going to the polls, or took  part in absentee voting like me, it’s an exciting thing to be a part of. Tonight is the night we get to see what direction our country will potentially take. I for one, will be glued to the television,  praying for the best and preparing for the worst.
The United States is founded on the principles of democracy. Each citizen has the right, and dare I say, the responsibilty, to educated themselves and be a part of the democratic process. It’s a beautiful and wonderful  thing when you think about. Many people will say “I can’t change anything,” or “My vote doesn’t mean anything.” The truth is, your vote does matter, and you do affect the outcome. If everyone were to think their vote was pointless, then nothing would be solved. Therefore, determine what you find important in a candidate, and go out and cast a vote. America is depending on us.
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment