Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The End is Near


        Well Thanksgiving Break is next week and after that only about 2 weeks left of the school and then FINALS! Even typing that makes me cringe. This means countless hours at the library not moving from the table, no sleep, tons of junk food, candy, and plenty of coffee.  In one day, I could end up spending like 13 hours in the library studying non-stop. Don't get me wrong, I sit with a group of my friends during this time and that long in a library can make people do strange things! We try to have a good time while still preparing for our exams at the same time. The first official day of finals start on Thursday December 6th and end on Friday December 14th. Luckily my last final is on December 11th.  December 5th is considered a “study day” at Bradley, this mean all classes are cancelled and students are getting ready for the challenging tasks ahead of them.
                It’s not unusual to walk through the library the week of finals and see kids sleeping in their chairs with their heads on tables, with blankets around them.  Bradley does do their best to try and help out for instance; coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and hot cider are all given to students for free every day. Typically around midnight, a student group comes in and hands out snacks to everyone in the library. I think most students can agree with me when they say that the day after your last final consists of lying in bed all day and giving your brain a rest.  Then it’s off to enjoy a nice 6 week long break to enjoy spending time with family and friends during the upcoming holidays.  So for me it’s less than a month until I get to enjoy that feeling, 26 days to be exact! Until then though it’s time to get down to business and study hard!

Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment