Friday, February 15, 2013

Cell Phones

Cell phones. Everyone has them and they almost seem to be a necessity now a days. I can't go a day without mine; it has my email, schedule, reminders, and many other things on it. If I forget it at home I feel like I am missing an arm (how sad is that?) and can't function normally throughout the day. I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels that way. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people use their phones in anyway when they are at Subway ordering a sandwich or dealing with a cashier directly. Personally, I feel it is one of the rudest things you can do. The other day I was at a Subway getting a sandwich at lunch time and a girl in front of me couldn’t put her phone don’t for even one second. Being that it was lunch time; the line behind me was at least 5 people deep. Every time the person making the girl’s sandwich had to ask her twice what she wanted on it because she would always being looking at her phone the first time and not paying attention.  You could see frustrated the worker at Subway was getting and it was clear myself and everyone behind me felt the same way too. If she could have just put her phone down for even 3 minutes, her sandwich would have been made that much faster. There is even a sign posted in subway that says “please refrain from using your phone while ordering”.
Whenever I am in line waiting to check out anywhere and I am on the phone, I will end the call before I get to the cashier. They are giving their full attention to me, so I feel I should give them the same respect back.  It’s one from teenagers to do it, but when I see adults doing it I get really irritated. I was eating breakfast with my dad one day at a restaurant and this one lady was on her phone from the time she ordered till the time she paid for her meal. Not even when she ordered did she set her phone down to give the waitress her full attention. To me, that is very rude and disrespectful back.  It’s one from teenagers to do it, but when I see adults doing it I get really irritated. I was eating breakfast with my dad one day at a restaurant and this one lady was on her phone from the time she ordered till the time she paid for her meal. Not even when she ordered did she set her phone down to give the waitress her full attention. To me, that is very rude and disrespectful.
So please the next time you are waiting in line to check out anywhere or even ordering a sandwich at Subway, please just wait to use your phone until you are done.

Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment