Thursday, February 14, 2013

Probably Should Have Listened...Again

              Last week I was out on Thursday because my parents and I were going to visit some friends in Boston. My parents had been watching the weather and freaking out about how we were going to get stranded in the snow storm that was set to hit Boston the next day. However, I insisted we still go, everyone knows the storms are never as bad as they make them out to be, right?
            We got there Thursday afternoon; the sky was blue and bright. By Friday morning the wind had picked up and the snow was coming down, and it didn’t stop for over 24 hours. So, all the plans we had made: hockey games, dinners, shopping, sight-seeing, were cancelled. We spent the next three days trapped in a hotel because EVERYTHING was closed; driving was even no longer permitted. Walking in the snow was fun, but there was nowhere to go anyway.
            So yes, I did it again. I probably should have listened to my parents and just rescheduled the trip for another, blizzard-less weekend. So here I am, still asking, at what age will I be before they stop being right about everything?
                                                        Deserted town after the blizzard.

                               The street we got our rental stuck on when it was finally okay to drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment