Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Super Bowl XLVII

So in case you did not know Super Bowl XLVII happened at Sunday...but let’s be real you would be hard pressed to find a person who didn’t know that right? Like most people I went to a party for the start of the game and watched the first half on a nice 70 in TV. Doesn’t get much better than that right? Well I guess being there at the game would have been the ultimate view.  For me, the commercials are the biggest reason I watch the Super Bowl along with the half-time performance.  So let’s talk about those two things. First off I’ve seen better commercials, but a few caught my eye. The Taco Bell commercial was pretty comical, Dodge Ram had a pretty memorable moment, but I think the one that took the crown as the best would have to be the Budweiser commercial. I mean come on who didn’t find the baby Clydesdale growing up and then remembering his trainer after all that time just adorable? In fact the baby Clydesdale in that commercial was only a week old when the commercial was shot.  Now let’s get to the commercial I think stirred up the most controversy was the GoDaddy commercial with Bar Refaeli kissing a nerd. From what I have read, it took 60 takes to get that commercial right. To me, it was just plan awkward, the kissing sounds just took it over the edge. I didn’t get what the commercials message was supposed to be, because I was too distracted by the kissing and sounds.
Now to my second favorite part, the half-time show. Beyoncé gave a performance that will be remembered for a long time. She was judge on stage by former Destiny’s Child members Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams. From what was being said on my Facebook Newsfeed and Twitter Timeline, people loved the performance almost more than the game that was going on.  Coming off of the lip syncing scandal at the 2013 Presidential Inauguration, I think Beyoncé wanted to give a performance to remember.  She did just that people were giving her nothing but praise and I think she proved that she can sing live and still give everyone what they wanted.  Then something happened that really made my Twitter Timeline interesting, the power went out of the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. If you were to look on twitter at this time, you would see things like Beyoncé’s performance took so much power and was so good that there was no need for the game to go on. I even saw a few that said that Bane from The Dark Knight Rises had come to the game just like he did in the movie.  My all-time favorite had to be a play on when Kanye West took the microphone from Taylor Swift at the 2009 VMAs to tell everyone that Beyoncé deserved that award instead.  The tweet went something like this...Kanye hits the lights, says “Super Bowl Imma let you finish but Beyoncé had one of the best performances of ALL TIME.” The blackout lasted 30 minutes before the power returned and the game was back on.
I think it’s safe to say this Super Bowl will be one to remember for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment