Wednesday, January 23, 2013

First Day of School

After six and a half weeks of a nice long break from school, it's finally time to go back. I remember my first year of college, I was so nerves for my first class. I didn't want to be that person that went to the wrong class sat down and realized you weren't supposed to be there (I've seen this happen before). Now it's like nothing new anymore I just go and sit in a seat waiting for class to start. The thing that makes me most nervous, is the professors. There is a website called RateMyProfessor.com where you can find your school and look up professors to see how students who have had them before rate them on how good they are at teaching. Not every professor is on there, but the majority of them are and some of the reviews they get can be terrifying. I of course use this website when picking classes because I want the best professor for that subject. Sometimes all the professors for a particular subject are not that great and you have to pick the one you think you will be able to deal with the best.

I only have two classes today, and one of the professors got really good ratings so I'm not worried about that one at all. On the other hand, I was looking at the ratings for my other professor and turns out he hasn't gotten very good ratings. I know everyone likes different teaching styles and prefers classes to be taught different ways, but when 3 out of the 5 ratings are not good, I get a little nervous. I'm trying not to get too worried about it, because I want to see for myself what he is  really like before I draw up any conclusions. Then I'm always so nervous about the first exams the professors give, because every professor's testing style is different and I have a hard time studying for test when I don't know the style of the test. After I've taken the first test though, I figure out the best way to study for that professor and everything goes a bit more smoothly.

Anyway I just can't wait for the first week to be over so things can start to get on a normal schedule and hopefully go the way I have planned for things to go.

Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment