Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Time Really Does Fly

                Every other Tuesday my mother watches my two year old niece, Avery. It seems like just yesterday when I held her for the first time, yet this morning my mom texted me to tell me that Avery had to show her how to use the DVR. I keep laughing to myself as I picture that little girl teaching her grandmother which buttons to push to change the channel or play cartoons. She is getting so big, so fast. Where has the time gone?
                I never used to believe those older than me when they would say, “Take it all in, time goes by faster than you’d think.” But wow, were they right. Here I am, twenty-one years old and on the verge of beginning my last semester of college. I find myself constantly reminiscing about “the good ol’ days” and wanting to go home every weekend just to forget the fact that in a few short months, it will no longer be my primary home.
                Growing up is inevitable, but I wish I hadn’t wanted it to speed up so many times. Even those simple “I-wish-this-day-would-be-over’s” or the “Man, this-week-can-feel-free-to-fly-by’s” seem dumb in retrospect. Sometimes we have to do things we dread, and it is easy to just wish it would pass by quickly, but I’m starting to learn that every second counts. We should enjoy it all, the good and the bad, because it really does go “faster than you’d think” doesn’t it?
Have a great week. Enjoy the little things. I will try to take my own advice! J
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment