Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Valentine's Day

Did you know, according to the Greeting Card Association, that around 1 billion Valentine’s Day cards are sent each year? That’s a whole lot of love goin’ around. The origins of Valentine’s Day are uncertain, but no matter which story is true, the fact remains that it is an important day to many people. Call me a Grinch, or a Scrooge, or whatever the Valentine’s Day equivalent, but I’ve never quite understood the “holiday.” Then again, I’ve never done anything super “Valentine’s Dayish,” and hey, I think I’d be willing to reconsider my opinion.
                Now, just because I’ve never been a die-hard Valentine’s day goer, it doesn’t mean I don’t take some interest in it, I’ve even bought a small gift or two. In 2010, the average consumer was expected to spend around $103 on various gifts, meals, and entertainment. I don’t know about you, but I’m on a bit of a budget. And since the other half’s birthday falls on February 6th, the first week of February has pretty much always led to a $.50 Fannie May Trinidad and a $2 card in the second.
                Valentine’s Day is now quickly approaching again, but luckily, this year the Nixon Insurance Agency is offering a promotion to help you “insure” a happy significant other this year. By liking our Facebook page and filling out the promotions page, you could get the chance to ditch those “budget blues” we all get sometimes, and splurge on a great night out. Whether you prefer a toned down Valentine’s day like I do, or an extravagant night on the town, here’s to all the couples and continued happiness together.
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment